Monday, September 26, 2011

Sure Hope There's Not A Quiz

One of my best friends is headed into the final stretch as her daughter is getting married in just a couple of weeks. She's been very gracious to share with me some of what she has experienced, and as she and I have been talking these last few months, I've been taking mental notes.


And to be honest, I think I've misplaced them.

Now I can admit that sometimes, as we like to say in the South, I'm not the sharpest stick in the woodshed. I have been known to do stuff like...

Ask the kiddos repeatedly to explain a movie plot on the ride home from the theater ("Inception" about did me in...and don't ask me to explain "Back to the Future", we'd be here for days).

Driving around the block a couple of times to find an house I've been too before. The day before.

Go into the grocery store to shop, forget something...and the list is in my hand the whole time.

But this is different. Something new. And I like to call it "theweddingplanningisturningmybraintomush-itis". The symptoms are

.......

Sorry, what was I talking about? Oh yeah, the wedding brain mush. Anyway, I figure the only cure must come after the wedding is all said and done with. When everything is back to normal and I can start thinking about things like, "How exactly did Leonardo end up in that guy's dream anyway?"



1 comment: