Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Do They Make Wedding Crocs?

Now that the bride has her dress (I'm still pinching myself, just to make sure that it's been purchased and ordered...I've been repeating "it's not a dream, it really happened, they took the check" over and over since last night) we've begun thinking about what we should accomplish next...a new goal...

And that new goal would be shoes.

The bride is a statuesque young lady (at 5'11) and she's never felt comfortable in heels. So she's been considering wearing a shoe in a very low heel or possibly even flats on their wedding day. But whatever shoes she decides on, one thing is for sure...they have to be comfortable.

Because the last thing she wants to be doing on their wedding day is the old lady shuffle. There's enough of that going on around our house when I get up in the morning.

As we've begun talking a little bit about shoes in the last day or two, (I never thought I'd be having a serious conversation around the dinner table in which the discussion starts with, "I was thinking about shoes the other day.") I've started to get a funny feeling that hunt for the right shoes may be as intense as the wedding gown search.

While we were at the bridal store, as the bride (still clipped into her new wedding gown) was taking her eighth "Yay!-I-finally-found-it!" victory lap around the store, I took a peek at the store's selection of bridal shoes.

White shoe after white shoe in every style possible. Heels, flats, stilettos, platforms, pumps, sandals, skimmers, mules, slippers...even athletic shoes with pretty bows and bling. I started to get a little dizzy as I was standing there in front of the wall of shoes. Kinda like I was in a game of Ring-around-the-Rosy. And then this thought crossed my mind,

"I wonder if she'd be willing to go barefoot?"

Let the shoe hunt begin!


2 comments:

  1. Deb, How about a ballet shoe......nice, flat, comfy!!!!!!inexpensive.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be a nice shoe if ever they will make one. Crocs shoes are really comfortable.

    ReplyDelete