Tuesday, September 20, 2011

What'd You Get Me?

In thinking through all the little details that come with planning a wedding, one thing recently came to mind...gifts for the wedding party.

So I got online to see what brides and grooms are giving nowadays as gifts to the bridesmaids, groomsmen, flower girls and so on...and what I found proves once and for all that yes, I live in a bubble.

And I like it in there.

Here's what the bride of today is giving her bridemaids...wonderful, heartfelt gifts like:

1. Pink monogrammed flasks
(you can get the matching cigar holder for just pennies more)
2. Wet bikini bags (the bag isn't wet, just the bikini)
3. Wedding Party Cup Cozy - keeps your drink from sweating all over your dress (and it's perfect if the flasks are back-ordered)

And let's not forget the guys, those lucky groomsmen may be on the receiving end of one of these goodies:

1. Personalized serving tray, in a zazzy zebra print (apparently groomsmen like their dinner served on a tray with their initials printed on it...in lime green...who'd a-thunk it?)
2. High Rollers Leather Dice Cup (dice are extra...and those poor low rollers, I guess they could always use the cup cozy)
3. And as not to be out-gifted by the ladies, a Leather Golf-themed flask (three tees included)

Yep, I would have to say that the pearl necklaces and tie clips the father of the bride and I gave to our wedding party are things of the past. And to think, my bridesmaids have had to carry their bathing suits in a regular bag all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment