Thursday, July 21, 2011

Bouquets & Rice: Week 1 - The Odds And Ends Of Planning A Wedding

Some odds and ends from this week...

Well, there's no turning back now. It's official. Forget about getting the deposit back on the reception hall. And it's all because of three little paragraphs and a black & white photo.

The happy couple's engagement announcement came out in the local newspaper this week!
(thanks again Lindsey and Deidra!)

Living in a small town, word gets around pretty quick so most of our friends knew about the happy couple's announcement before it hit newsprint (and having multiply Facebook pages within the family doesn't keep things quiet for too long either) but as I was looking over the announcement I realized we'd forgotten to tell someone. And then the phone rang.

Yep, that was a fun conversation. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mark's role within all the wedding planning hoopla has been pretty minimal. And of course he likes it that way. But every so often he'll casually mention a suggestion that he has given some thought too (usually he prints out his suggestions and collates them for us...yeah, he's that guy) and this week he had two. And they were both about the wedding gown. (no, we didn't change our minds about the Kardashian dress)

Mark's suggestions about the wedding gown were the following:

1. Why don't we try to find a wedding gown at Goodwill?
2. Why don't we try to find a wedding gown at the flea market?

After the first suggestion, Kaitlin looked over at me and I shook my head "no" ever-so-slightly. After the second suggestion, Kaitlin looked over at me and I began hitting my head repeatedly on the coffee table. Surprisingly he didn't have much to say after that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the quest to lose 782 pounds in the 6 months before the wedding, I have begun to consider some alternative methods of weight loss...and this week I came up with this plan...

I'm going to only eat foods that begin with the letter "R"--

foods such as Rice, Radishes,...Reese's peanut butter cups, Red velvet cake, my friend Mary's Really good chicken & dumplings...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We're going wedding gown shopping this weekend...*insert-mother-realizing-daughter-is-really-getting-married-sigh-here* sniff, sniff

No comments:

Post a Comment