Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Couponing Through The Tulips

My love for coupons has wiggled it's way into the planning of the wedding.

Oh you haven't heard? Why yes, I'm the gal in line ahead of you, the one who has 32 boxes of cereal and a stack of coupons to match. The gal who has a buy one, get one free coupon for 86 cans of cat food...and doesn't own a cat.

(just kidding...I'm not really "extreme"...but I do have 12 bottles of BBQ sauce and 8 jars of mayo at home)

My problem is sometimes my love of coupons blinds me. Sometimes all I see is the savings, and not the item itself that I'm considering purchasing. And that can cause conflict between me and the bride. Case in point:

Me: Kaitlin, look at these! Pink boas! Oooo...and they're on sale! And I've got a...hold on a minute...(as I begin digging to bottom of my bag)...found it! I've got a 40% off coupon! It expires in 3 minutes but if we hurry and run across the store to the checkout line we can still use it! Oooo...what do you think? Wouldn't these be perfect for the bridesmaids?

Kaitlin: Ummm, no mom, I don't think pink boas would look good.

Me: But they're on sale AND I have a coupon! (the holy grail of couponing)

Kaitlin: Well, I really don't think pink boas are a good idea, even if they are on sale (she is her father's child...level headed and sane).

Me: *sighing* alright, I guess we'll pass...Oooo, (seeing something shiny out of the corner of my eye) what's that? Gold patent leather purses on the clearance rack! And I think the 40% coupon would work! Oooo, wouldn't those be perfect for..."

Kaitlin: *sighing* let's go mom (leading me by the arm out of the clearance aisle)

Now if I can only find a coupon for their honeymoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment