Friday, July 22, 2011

Name That Bad Idea & You Could Win A Prize!

**********Comments Are Closed!**********



Over the last couple of weeks since our daughter has become engaged, there have been a quite a few discussions around the kitchen table that begin like this..."What do you think about doing this for ___________ " 

It's like Mad-Libs, just fill in the blank (the wedding, reception, honeymoon, rest home for your mother) 

And for the most part, those moments have gone pretty smoothly. The bride and groom have been patient even when I've suggested something completely weird. I just like to throw ideas out there when they come to me. I get an idea and then suddenly there is this sense of urgency that I gotta tell somebody or the idea is gonna vanish (this happens more often than I'd like to admit, get an idea and *poof* it's gone).

And since we're planning a wedding, guess who gets to hear those ideas? Yep, the bride (and sometimes the groom if she's not in the room at the moment, poor fella)

Now I understand that she has specific ideas about what she wants the wedding and reception to look like, the atmosphere, the lighting and all those special touches. And for heaven's sake, I know we all have different tastes.

I just didn't know how bad my taste was until now.

So in honor of bad ideas everywhere, we're going to play a game. And somebody gets to win a prize!

So let's get ready to play...drum roll please..."Name The Bad Idea!"

Here's how you play:
Read the three statements below and choose the one you think I actually "discussed" with the Bride. One of the statements is absolutely true. I really thought it was a good idea. And then it was shot down like a turkey the week before Thanksgiving. 

Leave (just one!) comment with your guess (A, B or C) and when times up, I'll put all the correct guesses in a bowl and pick a winner!

And what's the prize?

(1) One $15 dollar gift card to Starbucks

so here we go.......which one of the following do you think I suggested to the Bride last week?

I thought it would be a great idea to...

A. Crochet gloves for all the bridesmaids to wear during the ceremony 

B. Purchase burlap runners for the reception tables, sight unseen online

C. Figure out a way to get a butter sculpture made of our dog Lucy for the reception

Comments will be closed on Saturday, July 23, 2011 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern

5 comments:

  1. I think A sounds like you. Well, actually so does C. I'm sticking with A.
    Jenette Murphy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely A (& what would be wrong with that ?). Add a floppy hat with daisies, chiffon maxi dresses & it could be a retro 70's affair

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going with "C."-Rebekah G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like A but I'm going with B :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say A so get to making them

    ReplyDelete