Monday, July 25, 2011

The Wedding Gown - Round Two

We went wedding gown shopping again...and this time we went to an actual store.

*sigh*

We made the appointment, drove into the big city, met with the consultant and then Taryn and I sat down in front of the mirrored dressing rooms for the try-on's.

And try-on's did we ever.

Not only did the bride try on multiple dresses, but throw in cathedral length veils, finger-tip length veils, veil caps, feathered hair clips, beaded headbands, fake diamond necklaces, fake pearl necklaces, heels, flats...good grief, I'm sweatin' just typing it.

And so after two hours, one box of tissues, three bottles of water, six dresses and multiple accessories we walked out of the store...dressless.

I'm starting to wonder if finding "The One" is sorta like those hunters and fishermen that tell you stories about the deer or fish that have always alluded them. That mystical 12 point buck that great-grandpa told stories about, roaming the forest, always staying just out of sight of the hunter. Or that 18 pound bass that swims in and out of the reeds, the one nicknamed "Bubba", that steals your bait but is never hooked.

But then again I'm sure "The One" is out there. Our very own "Bubba" is somewhere out there, lurking among the racks and racks of lace. And we'll keep hunting until we find it. Just as long as I don't have to do this:


Shopping for wedding gowns is not for the faint of heart...

2 comments:

  1. Here is where I bought my wedding dress (for $79, I might add)

    http://www.lavahut.com/hawaiian-wedding-collection-m-4.html

    We even bought my handsome prince a matching Aloha shirt. Among the tropical foliage in Caca's backyard, it was a perfect match.

    And to top it all off, Joel said thats what he wanted his wedding to be like. (High praise coming from one of the coolest guys I know)

    Aaahhhhh ~ what a fun day.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. this blog is to funny debbie. I was laughing out loud.

    ReplyDelete