Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bouquets & Rice: Week 5 - You Light Up My Life

Some odds and ends from this week...

I dreamed about gold, glittery green candles the other night...maybe it's a sign. *sigh* oh, precious...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We've recently purchased some flame-less, scent-less votive candles and every time, without fail, that I pick one up...I smell it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unity candles have been a popular wedding staple for years. And I can't remember any wedding in the last 15 or so years that we've attended, that at some moment during the wedding ceremony, the bride and groom would pause, and as a meaningful song played, light a unity candle.Yep, don't think I've been to a wedding where that didn't happen. Until now...

That streak comes to an end in January.

Nope, the happy couple are not having a unity candle. Or unity sand for that matter. Or even any unity-building games, like the trust fall (picture it, the maid of honor falling backwards from the stage into the arms of the groomsmen) or the shoe game (groom's side of the church versus the bride's side...everyone takes off their shoes, puts them in two big piles and the first side that gets everyone's shoes on wins).

We could even play the human scavenger hunt game...

Oh well, it's been a good run.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bride and I had a slight disagreement this week over renting candelabras to use in the church during the ceremony.

I want them and she doesn't.

And I can't seem to give her a reason to rent them other than,

"Oh, but they are soooo pretty!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last week we bought two vanilla-scented pillar candles that are each bigger than a full roll of paper towels.

And I keep forgetting to smell them.

1 comment:

  1. WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY OF THAT STUFF EITHER..........IT WILL BE OK DEB.JUST TRY TO RELAX....

    ReplyDelete