Monday, August 22, 2011

It's Chocolate. It's Marshmallows. It's Graham Crackers. What's Not Too Love?


I like salad bars. And coffee bars. And juice bars. And candy bars. And...well, you get the picture.

And the other day a good friend mentioned having a pizza bar at the reception and she got me thinking, "why stop at a pizza bar? why not have an "all bar" reception? what better way to feed a couple hundred of your closest friends?"

And not only that, but just think of some of the extra benefits to an "all bar" reception...

*We wouldn't need to set up any tables, just set some bars stools out and have at it.

*Put up a few sneeze guards and we could open up to the public and charge by the plate (the coffee bar alone could pay for the honeymoon)

*Make styrofoam to-go plates and hair nets available to all the guests

*Decorating the bars could be a snap. Stainless steel goes with everything

*I could sneak have some Italian Green Beans on the salad bar 

I tried to convince the happy couple that this would be the way to go for their reception. And I almost had them on board. That is until I mentioned the Smores lounge. Yes, a Smores lounge.

Hey if it's good enough for Reese Witherspoon it's good enough for the happy couple. I first heard about the Smores lounge while perusing the waiting room bible (People magazine) at my doctor's office. Mrs. whatever-her-last-name-is-now had one at her recent wedding reception in Los Angeles. And I thought it would be a really cool thing to do.

Alas, the happy couple thought otherwise.

While technically not a "bar" the Smores lounge would have benches or lawn chairs (take your pick) around a fire in a self contained pit with chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows available. Plus sticks for roasting your marshmallows! You can't forget sticks!

When describing the Smores lounge to the happy couple the bride's only comment was, "Open flames, gooey marshmallows and my wedding gown all in the same room? I don't think that's a good idea, mom."

I tried...maybe I can convince the groom to have a juice bar at the rehearsal dinner.

So our correct choices are A and B! And our winner is Angel R.!

No comments:

Post a Comment