Saturday, August 6, 2011

They're Gold. They're Green. They're Glittery. What More Could You Ask For? (Oh, And We Have A Winner Too)

As we were walking down the aisle of the craft store, we rounded the corner and that's when I saw them.

Hanging on a rack, just waiting for me to discover them. Like Christopher Columbus. Like Lewis & Clark. Like that guy who discovered the Milky Way...I can never remember his name...

Anyway, there they were...

They were gold.
They were green.
They were glittery.

Really, really glittery.

As I reached for the gold glittered green candles (try saying that fast three times...gold glittered green candles, gold glittered green candles, gold glittered green candles...) the bride looked at me as if to say, "What do you think you're doing?"

But feeling a little like Gollum and his ring, I was drawn to them. They were calling out to me. With a wide grin and a glazed look in my eyes, I turned to the bride, and while nodding my head said, "Oh Kaitlin, what do you think of these?"

*sigh*

She passed on the gold glittered green candles. Needless to say, I was disappointed. But I don't think I helped my cause any. When I asked her what she thought of the candles, I was holding them next to my cheek, slightly petting them and by that point had called them, "Precious" at least four times.


As we turned the corner and headed down the next aisle, I looked back at the gold glittered green candles, and for just a second I thought I heard them whisper, "please, please take us with you. you know you want too"

I've got to stop watching "Lord of the Rings" every night.

And that means the correct statement is B! And our winner is Mary!

No comments:

Post a Comment